Careers at Klie Law Offices
We’re looking for legal professionals who put clients first
Are you ready to take the next step in your legal career with a law firm that fights for hardworking West Virginians?
With offices in Buckhannon and Parkersburg, Klie Law Offices serves people throughout West Virginia and Ohio in employment law, personal injury and family law matters. We’re a hardworking team that values responsiveness, attention to detail, and tireless advocacy for every client.
Please submit your resume and contact information using the form on this page. We look forward to hearing from you.
Legal Billing Specialist – Office Assistant
Our busy law firm is looking for a billing specialist who loves digging into detailed work that can help our attorneys ensure bills are generated timely and accurately. The billing specialist works directly with clients to ensure bills and installment payments are on time and retainers are replenished. Experience in accounts receivable and consistent follow-up is a plus!
Job seekers should have at least 2 years of experience with the billing process, be meticulous and organized, and thrive in a fast-paced work environment. The billing specialist also supports the Professional Legal Administrator (PLA) with general HR and office management functions. To be considered for this opportunity, send us your resume!
- Apply incoming payments to the correct accounts and keep accurate financial records
- Conduct weekly review of the quality and timeliness of time entries
- Contact and coordinate with legal production team to correct time entries as necessary
- Update case management system and accounting system for all expenses
- Identify and update PLA and Owner where billable records exceed firm guidelines
- Generate invoices bi-monthly and send them to clients in accordance with firm policies
- Work directly with clients to address questions and concerns with billing and payments
- Process recurring and ad hoc credit card transactions for client payments
- Manage the retainer/trust accounts, auto-replenishment, and installment payment process
- Oversee AR collections and assists with case withdraw process
- Assist PLA in HR functions such as drafting job descriptions with KPIs, posting open positions, maintaining electronic employee files, screening potential candidates, and onboarding new employees
- Ability to handle multiple projects at a time and meet deadlines
- Computer proficiency with MS Office, Excel, and billing software programs is essential
- Two years of experience working as in a billing specialist position at a law firm
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and organizational skills
- Associate degree in business, finance, or accounting is required
- Exceptional customer service skills, including interpersonal conversation, patience and empathy
$40,000 annual salary
Submit your resume and cover letter in PDF format.
We look forward to reviewing your application.
Applications received through this system that do not follow instructions will not be considered.