West Virginia Personal Injury Lawyer
Count on Klie Law Offices to help you get justice if you were injured because of negligence
The West Virginia personal injury attorneys at Klie Law Offices handle a range of cases involving negligence. We are committed to offering aggressive representation for all types of claims. Whether you or a loved one was hurt in a car accident in Clarksburg or a dog bite in Philippi, you need to make sure your case receives the attention it deserves. You need an experienced West Virginia personal injury attorney working tirelessly on your case. Call Klie Law Offices now.
With offices in Buckhannon, Parkersburg, and Clarksburg, and serving injury victims throughout the state, our legal team has a renowned reputation for our astounding ability to obtain sizable settlements and verdicts for injury victims in West Virginia.
We’re proud of our case results. That’s because this money allows injury victims to continue to live their lives with dignity. That’s why we’re eager to meet with you and explain how we can help you get your life back on track.
What qualifies as a personal injury case?
From a legal perspective, personal injury refers to any physical or emotional injury you sustain due to the negligent, reckless, or intentional actions of someone else, typically as the result of some type of accident. For example, if you suffered a traumatic brain injury in a car accident caused by a drunk driver, you may decide to file a personal injury lawsuit against the at-fault party to pursue fair and full compensation for your accident-related expenses, or damages.
As the plaintiff, it will be your job or the job of your attorney to demonstrate that you were owed a legal duty of care by the defendant, the duty of care was breached by the defendant, and as a result you suffered damages. Duty of care simply means a person’s duty to act the same way as any reasonable person would act under similar circumstances.
Along with motor vehicle accidents, cases involving premises liability, slip and falls, negligent security, defective products, and wrongful death are all common examples of claims that fall under the legal umbrella of personal injury.
Is it worth hiring a personal injury attorney?
According to statistical data, you will receive more on average in compensation if you hire a lawyer to handle your injury claim instead of managing your case on your own. At the same time, if you were involved in a minor accident and didn’t get hurt as a result then it’s unlikely that you need the legal expertise of an attorney to recover your losses.
Potential scenarios where you may want to consider at least talking to a lawyer about your case include:
- You were injured in an accident that was not your fault.
- You suffered a severe or permanent injury in an accident caused by someone else.
- The person/organization who caused your injury denies responsibility.
- You want to know how much your potential legal case is worth.
- You received a settlement offer from the insurance company and you don’t know if it’s fair or if it’s enough money to cover your losses.
- You need help negotiating with the insurance company for fair and full compensation.
- The insurance company has delayed or denied your claim.
- You want to know if you’re allowed to pursue a personal injury lawsuit.
- You are the personal representative of someone who died due to the negligent actions of another and you want to file a wrongful death lawsuit.
How much is my personal injury claim worth?
There are many variables to consider when calculating the total value of your personal injury claim, and without knowing the specific details of your case, it’s impossible to provide an exact dollar amount for your particular claim.
Generally speaking, you may be eligible to recover compensation for:
- The cost of your current and future medical expenses, including doctor bills, surgery, physical therapy, pain medication and other prescriptions, appointments with specialists, medical devices, home modifications, etc.
- Wage loss if you missed time from your job due to your injuries.
- Loss of earning capacity if you are no longer able to work or can’t perform the same job requirements you could before your injury.
- Housekeeping, childcare, and other replacement services.
- Pain and suffering.
- Funeral costs, burial expenses, and other wrongful death benefits if your loved one died in an accident due to negligence.
In short, the amount of money you receive from a negotiated settlement or court verdict will vary depending on how bad your injuries are and how strong the evidence is to support your claim.
Is medical malpractice considered personal injury?
Medical malpractice is considered a subcategory of personal injury law, as both involve serious injuries and/or the wrongful death of a loved one. What distinguishes medical malpractice from personal injury is medical malpractice involves negligence by a licensed medical professional (doctor, nurse, surgeon, dentist, hygienist, other healthcare provider) or a medical facility (hospital, urgent care, etc.).
A medical malpractice claim may involve any of the following elements:
- Failure of a licensed medical professional to diagnose a disease or illness.
- An improperly credentialed person performs surgery, an operation, or other medical procedure.
- Inadequate care was exercised during surgery, an operation, or other medical procedure.
- There was inadequate supervision of patients/staff.
- There were surgery errors.
Medical malpractice cases can be exceptionally complex and highly contested by the defendant. If you think you might have a medical malpractice case, the best advice is to call a lawyer to learn your legal rights and options.
Is food poisoning a personal injury?
Consuming tainted or contaminated food can result in a viral or bacterial infection (e.g., salmonella, e. coli, listeria, norovirus, etc.) that causes physical harm, which is why food poisoning cases are considered a subcategory of personal injury.
In most cases involving a foodborne illness, a restaurant, diner, fast food restaurant, cafeteria, grocery store, or other food distributor may be held responsible for causing your illness or loved one’s death.
Other issues involving personal injury cases you should know about
No two personal injury cases are alike. Each case presents its own unique challenges. Why consider Klie Law Offices?
“I’m not afraid on my feet,” Attorney Kolenich said. “I know how to improvise if I get thrown a curveball. I’m pretty good at catching it and throwing it back as opposed to letting it fall at my feet.”
There are many legal issues you need to take into consideration when you’re dealing with a personal injury case. We know because we have worked with so many people just like you. You can learn more about these issues on the following three pages:
- FAQs about Insurance Companies
- Questions for Your Personal Injury Lawyer
- Why Hire a Personal Injury Attorney in WV?
What you can expect when you hire Klie Law Offices to represent you
When you hire Klie Law Offices to handle your personal injury case, we will be there with you every step of the way, fighting for your rights. Here’s what you can expect if you have us in your corner:
- You can ask us questions for free with no obligation during our initial meeting
- Your case will be personally handled by one of our experienced attorneys
- Your important legal questions will receive straightforward answers from us
- Your personal injury will be meticulously investigated by us
- You only pay us if we obtain financial compensation for you
- Your phone calls will be returned the same day
- Your best interests will always come first at Klie Law Offices
How to reach Klie Law Offices in West Virginia
Your future could be on the line depending on the outcome of your personal injury case. Take your case seriously right from the start. Make sure you have an experienced attorney on your side that understands your needs and will do whatever it takes to achieve your goals.
In case after case, we have consistently helped injury victims obtain sizable verdicts and settlements. Now it’s your turn. Allow us to help you succeed. Contact Klie Law Offices and put the power of our law firm to work for you. Call (866) 408-9059 to schedule a free case evaluation. We want to meet with you and develop a strategy that fits your specific legal needs.
Klie Law Offices – your case matters here.